Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Add Music to Your Blog or Site--Cool Gadget!

Tonight I discovered a really cool new gadget that lets you add a playlist to your blog or website--for free. You have to register on the site Playlist.com, but it only takes seconds and again, totally free. Then you pick songs from artists you like and create your playlist, get code and off you go. I was only able to find four songs from my favorite artist Van Morrison, but also found several great songs from Iowa singer Greg Brown and a few from Iris Dement (who I think is Greg's wife). Give it a try, the sound quality is actually very good. I haven't had much new to say about photography lately because I've been busy with other projects, but hey, I always have time to listen to good music. Enjoy! Oh, and I dedicate the first song from Greg Brown to myself. For the last 17 years I've been doing an FM radio (WPKN.org) show and dedicating songs to other people: this one's for me. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey...

Oh, by the way, I don't have any photos of Greg handy, but that's Professor Louie from Professor Louie & the Crowmatix in the photo here--I shot the photo using about 1/4 second exposure and giggled the camera a bit during the exposure to exaggerate the motion. You see, even when it comes to music I have to throw in a photo tip. And hey, while we're on the topic, check out the Professor's newest cd Whispering Pines. In fact, why not support the arts and buy the cd? The Crowmatix are one of the best bands in the world--if they come to a club near you, go see them. Tell Louie that I sent you and he'll buy you a beer. Maybe.

No comments: