Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Sunday, June 6, 2010

Exposure Book #1 Bestseller on Amazon Kindle

I was happy to learn this week that my book Exposure Photo Workshop: Develop Your Digital Photography Talent was the #1 bestselling photo reference book for the Amazon Kindle. It had been flirting with the top position for several weeks, but about midweek it reached the number one spot. I'm pretty excited that it has reach such a landmark on Kindle because I think that, as much as I love "old fashioned" books (I have a house full of them) and as much as I think some of us will always want to read traditional books, I also think that e-books are fun, convenient and here to stay. By the way, even if you don't have a Kindle yet (I don't!), you can also read the book on your iPad or almost any other e-reading device. My friend Walter showed me how the exposure book looked on his iPad and I was just thrilled to see how great it looked--the color photos reproduced beautifully, even better than in the print book (and you can click them up to full-screen instantly). A great graduation gift! Of course, if you still like flipping through paper pages, you can also get the paperback version of Exposure Photo Workshop: Develop Your Digital Photography Talent. The book has 20 five-star reviews on Amazon--also very gratifying.

5 comments:

domains said...

this is definitely an interesting read. It is also definitely worth having at least one through exposre related book in your photography library. If you are looking for more information on exposure, i have just put a blog post up at onlinecamerawarehouse.co.uk relating to this matter.

That's All said...

Congratulations Jeff.

Mike said...

I am reading this book now, paper version, and it is a great read. The tips and informations are great and I love the pictures especially the ones taken locally. I'm looking forward to putting many of the things I learned into practice.

Jeff Wignall said...

Thanks to all three of you--I really appreciate the nice comments. I think the reason I liked writing the exposure book so much is that writing it actually helped me clarify and focus my thoughts on the subject. Back in the film days when I shot slide film, the slides were either well exposed or they were junk and while digital has changed that (thankfully!), it's still important to get the exposure as close to perfect in the camera as you can. I spend too much time with Photoshop already!!!

That's All said...

We actually have the Exposure book along with the Contests book and the early Joy book. No Kindle, tho.
Good Luck and continued success.