Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fiverr: They'll Do Anything (almost) for $5!

How would you like a guy (or a girl) to dress up in a hotdog costume and dance to the song of your choice and then post a video of it on Youtube? Sounds like a great birthday card to me! And you can get this strange-but-true service done for you for a mere $5. 

OK, this isn't necessarily a photo tip, but I have to tell you about one of the coolest, most fun websites I've seen in ages:  it's called Fiverr. It's a site that advertises strange things that people will do for you (to promote a business, for example) for $5--just my kind of site! 

Here are just a few of the odd things you can get done for a mere five-buck bill:

  • Get 10 flyers for your business posted around a popular campus in Miami.
  •  Advertise your site on some guy's arm for a week!
  • Have a guy put on a Spiderman suit and walk around Sydney, Australia all day advertising your site. (Sounds good to me--I have a lot of readers down under!)
  • Have a really cute babe hold up a sign advertising your website or business. (Let's hope people take time to notice the sign.)
  • Learn how to get into the music business.
  • Get five of your photos manipulated in Photoshop.
  • Have someone help you pick out a Halloween costume (people need help with this?).
You get the idea. You can find someone to do almost any strange thing you like for $5. I'm going to try find a few to creatively promote my two new books Jeff Wignall's Digital Photography Crash Course: 2 Minute Tips for Better Photos and The NEW Joy of Digital Photography (A Lark Photography Book).  There's this one guy that will write whatever I want on his hairless guinea pig and then send me a photo...

You simply have to check out the site. By the way, I won't send you $5 but if you click on one of the Google ads on MY site, you'll help pay for it :)

No comments: