Welcome to (The Occasional) Photo Tip of the Day! Please also visit my main site jeffwignall.com. Text and photographs Copyright 2016 Jeff Wignall.



“The best way out is always through.”


Thursday, February 3, 2011

What Every Photographer Needs: A Bathroom with a View

I shot this from my bathroom window at dawn during one of the countless storms in January. And I'm grateful for the view because there was no way I was going to go out at dawn with a fresh foot of snow looking for pictures, Not that I mind tramping around in it once I get somewhere, but that morning the plow never even visited the street. Besides, fortunately, the bathroom is the warmest room in my house, so it was a nice toasty place to shoot from! Come on spring! (Shot with a Nikon D90 and an 18-70mm Nikkor zoom; exposed in RAW.)

4 comments:

James said...

Great view!

This caught my eye because it reminds me of the view from my back window. :)

Jeff Wignall said...

Maybe we live on the same street! :-)

Jill Wellington said...

Beautiful, Jeff! I wish I had THAT view from MY bathroom!

Jeff Wignall said...

Jill, I only get the view when I look straight out: if I look down I see the roof of my den under 3' of snow and ice and it's making me very nervous! But thankfully tomorrow going to be around 40, so I'm hoping some will go back where it came from!